The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are offered as a supportive modality to enhance health and wellness, and are not meant as an entire approach to health care. If you have any serious medical conditions, please consult your health care provider first. This being said, our techniques support and enhance health and wellness and have been found to provide satisfactory results when compared to alternate treatments.
Depending on the severity of the problem, it may take as little as one session and as long as many months for the uterine position to be corrected and for the ligaments to gain enough strength and elasticity for it to stay in place. Three sessions are usually the minimum. Women often report a rapid improvement in symptoms and sense of wellbeing when self-care is performed regularly. Self-care is taught to clients during their first session.
Practitioners of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® report that many common health care symptoms are alleviated by these techniques. Organ functions are supported and enhanced. This list contains the most common symptoms that are improved by incorporating this holistic modality into one's health care.
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus or bladder
- Painful menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Peri menopause/menopausal symptoms
- PMS/Depression with menstruation
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Enhances pregnancy, labor & birthing
- Pelvic congestion, pain
- Low energy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastroesophogeal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Chronic constipation
- Low back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension
Support for Digestive Problems
Many anxieties and emotions through life are stored in our body's tissues and organs. A very common place is in the organs of the digestive system. Those so called "butterflies in your stomach" can lead to constipation, indigestion, heartburn, gastritis, and eventually to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Crohn's and more. Stresses and emotions cause the small intestine and colon to be "twisted or kinked" leading the blockages in the flow of peristalsis. Surrounding fascia creates adhesions that mal-position organs and impede proper blood flow and enzyme secretions. These techniques slowly improve fascia adhesions, scar tissue and remove any "kinks" in the digestive tract. Often there is a dramatic improvement after just one session when combined with proper diet and self-care.
Support for Fertility
It has been estimated that approximately 30% of woman who have been unsuccessful in conceiving eventually conceive after a succession of Arvigo sessions. Treatments generally consist of massage, diet and lifestyle modifications, herbal therapies to enhance fertility. Once the uterus is in its optimal position, there is improved hemo dynamics and homeostasis to support and enhance fertility.
Support After Having a Hysterectomy
Women who have had hysterectomies benefit greatly from these technqiues as it improves circulation in and around the area of the scar. When circulation is improved, scar tissue will be prevented from forming in the pelvis after surgery. Ligaments and other remaining organs are benefited from improving circulatory flow to the pelvis.
Contraindications for Treatment
Direct application over the uterus is not performed:
- During menstrual bleeding
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery or the first 3 months after a c-section
- For a woman using an IUD for birth control
- If cancer is present or suspected anywhere in the pelvis, or undergoing chemotherapy for this condition
- During the first trimester of pregnancy